All new accounts must be activated. PM Kathryn to request a new account activation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here)
07-11-2012, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 03:00 PM by Londonlipton.)
RE: Forum Meeting (Post Your Ideas Here)
(07-11-2012 02:00 PM)mirandagirl Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 10:32 AM)leftbehind. Wrote:  I started reading all of this, but I got to page 8 and realised how many pages there actually was, and decided it was going to take way too long! ha.

I agree with what people have said though.

And I have to say, I'm one of the 'lurkers', I mainly read stuff and don't post.
I don't mean for that to happen, but it does.

I think, from my experience, one of the reasons it's so quiet here right now, is that people have other things going on in their life and coming on here isn't a priority, plus, I'm slightly addicted to twitter, haha.
But, yeah, people grow up and move on. It went downhill for me on here when I hit 18 and started going out all the time and meeting people and seeing friends more etc.
Plus, people's interests change, I'm not such a huge Zac fan as I was, I mean, I love everything he does and watch the movies etc but I don't sit there and wanna talk about him or anything he's done 24/7. If that makes sense? Also, I moved into a new flat with no internet, which sucked. ha

Also, people do use twitter, tumblr and facebook more than forums, a lot of forums are quiet that I lurk around.
The problem is, most people on their phones can access twitter, facebook etc from apps and stuff, so it's easier. So, I think more people are doing that, it'd be cool if this place was an app. more people spend more time on their phones than computers nowadays because you can do everything on there.

But, you girls are doing a fantastic job. Seriously, keep it up - it'll be worth it in the end Smile

I agree with all of this except that I'm not really a 'lurker' and I'm still just as 'obsessed' with Zac as I was in 2005, his personality and career makes it worth it Smile

The bolded part is what I really agree with though.

No Miranda, no-one on here would dream of calling you a lurker,you are very much an active poster. But the purpose of this thread is to offer theory's as to why the forum the way it is and offer up solutions for improving it, not to requote others posts and mindlessly agree with them. If you agree, try putting forward a solution on how to solve the problem Smile

Back to point.
There are three people incharge of this forum (per say) but it doesn't seem to get the latest news quickly. So why not assign members threads to update or something that way we get news quickly and are seen as a place to get current Zac news, OR we make a concious effort to keep the Twitter page updated.

KellyAngel

http://www.twitter.com/Londonlipton
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
oh id like that lol
'current zac notifications' lol
Find all posts by this user
07-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I'll wake up this thread up again.
Anyone feeling like offering up some ideas?

undefined
07-15-2013, 04:33 AM
I have no idea if it's been said or not but I think it'd be great if there was a mobile web page for the site. It makes it easier and more accessible for people. I know I'm always on my phone when I use this site. It'd be better than an app,in my opinion.

[Image: cwLUJXCkxfi_7758966.jpg]
07-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Stephanie..your siggy just mad me melt into quite the puddle lol!

I think we need more up to date info like if there are anything new on the facebook and twitters of Zac we can quickly transfer it here and I also miss a lot of the threads that used to be on here like favorite tv shows and the NHL thread...maybe we can revive those again too? Smile
07-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Well, an app would be great, but I think it's difficult. I know Tappatalk, who allows you to browse forums...

And yes, I think we should make more active and atractive the facebook and twitter pages, that'd be a plus. The info gets quicker and you can check after, here ^^

[Image: zefronjjbann.jpg]
07-24-2013, 10:28 PM
(07-15-2013 04:33 AM)SeasonsOfLove Wrote:  I have no idea if it's been said or not but I think it'd be great if there was a mobile web page for the site. It makes it easier and more accessible for people. I know I'm always on my phone when I use this site. It'd be better than an app,in my opinion.

(07-15-2013 05:47 PM)Zamber Wrote:  Stephanie..your siggy just mad me melt into quite the puddle lol!

I think we need more up to date info like if there are anything new on the facebook and twitters of Zac we can quickly transfer it here and I also miss a lot of the threads that used to be on here like favorite tv shows and the NHL thread...maybe we can revive those again too? Smile

(07-20-2013 05:35 PM)Mario Halliwell Wrote:  Well, an app would be great, but I think it's difficult. I know Tappatalk, who allows you to browse forums...

And yes, I think we should make more active and atractive the facebook and twitter pages, that'd be a plus. The info gets quicker and you can check after, here ^^

I love the idea of a mobile forum webpage. Sadly I have no idea how to do that lol. The issue with all of the ideas is that I COMPLETELY and totally agree but I'm not sure if Bee and I are able to do a lot of the behind the scenes changes like banners or even the layout of the forum....let alone make an entire webpage. Kathryn had all the access to that and clearly she's got more stuff on her plate than this forum lol.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic guys at all I promise! Do you guys see how Bee and I are struggling here though lol? We want to help and change a few things around but we can't without the proper controls over the forum. I haven't heard from Kathryn in almost a year! We talk about a lot of things that could make this place wonderful again....but the real issue is the fact that people are joining, they see that they are not able to post without emailing Kathryn....so they do that.....and nothing happens. They might check for a week and then see that nobody has been too active so they write off the forum as dead and then leave. It's a sad sad reality.

idk if anyone seen that Vero rejoined but that's what happened to her. She was a full on moderator here and super super active for years and years. More active than I was and after the forum got hacked she left and now can't even get on to post....so she'll be just another statistic of someone who wanted to rejoin or join and wasn't able.

undefined
11-19-2013, 07:31 AM
I think you guys (Steph & Bee) should be granted with some permissions on the forum, so you can get access and make some changes around here (you know I'm willing to help you). But seriously, I don't know if you have contacted Kathryn but she should know (and most importantly DO) something about this. It's really a shame that the forum/web/twitter of the ONLY official Zefron site is like it is.

I understand that this is something very important to Kathryn, she's put everything in this in the past, but maybe is time to let someone she trusts to be in charge of this to make it burst again.

[Image: zefronjjbann.jpg]